Monday, March 31, 2008

Books

I'm not much of a reader, but I'm great at flipping through magazines and 'picture' books for inspiration.  By picture books I mean architectural, scenic, fashion, etc. subject books.  Interior design books are my favorite.  As an artist you must be creative, but who says that has to stop in your work, you need to blend it into your surroundings to thrive.  I love Kelly Wearstler's (www.kellywearstler.com) interior design books, here rooms are like mini-museums in themselves.  I've been collecting various books sporadically here and there.  Anthropologie is like a library for me, I know that every time I go in that store I will walk out with a book, among other things. Some great book companies:

www.hatjecantz.de  (I own Pink, and I really want the Las Vegas book)
www.taschen.com (if you can think of it, its probably there! Great 'destination/travel' books)
www.anthropologie.com 
www.assouline.com (great fashion books, art, design, and jewelry!  most are about $20, not too horrible, I own a few)

just looking at theses websites again I've compiled a new birthday list.

No comments: