Saturday, March 15, 2008

Awesome Earrings





So here's my new favorite earrings in action, check out the website www.theopulentproject.com, they're awesome people based out of Portland Oregon and make some pretty great stuff!  We saw these earrings at Jewelerswerk Gallerie and I fell in love with them.  I didn't get a chance to buy them at that time.  Luckily, when flipping through the Cooper-Hewitt book I saw an ad for their online store and the earrings pictured.  The earrings did not have a proper nameplate at Jewelerswerk, they were in the case along with Polly Wales' work.  The Opulent Project (www.theopulentproject.com) creates these earrings and a few other styles. I love the Chandelier 'chandelier' earrings, they are just great!  At Jewelerswerk I was told they were made from a recycled material, but she was unsure of what.  These are actually made out of fluorescent light covers.  I thought this was great and hysterical because at work I order these for us to install in stores.  The packaging was awesome!  Very ingenious too, plastic sheet scored and wrapped with a mirrored sheet inside with the earrings showcased on either side.  Then it was held together with tape printed with the logo.  

2 comments:

Jangrrrrl said...

These looked great on you today! I wanted to ask you about them but no time. Heidi Lower who is teaching with s in the fall will love you and vice versa. She runs an experimental gallery in Rehobeth Beach/Delaware..check t out and get to know her next year. Consider an internship with her...or Jeweler's Werk. I love that you are so excited and engaged.

Katy Ginger said...

I also loved these earrings on you! They are so different...very very cool! I loved reading this post that told all about them. I'm always looking for new designers to google and add to my list so I'm totally going to look this designer up now. Thanks Danielle!